tERMS & CONDITIONS
When securing any of the offered services from Jennie Sutton, at MerriDogs, you are therefore accepting the following Terms & Conditions listed below:
- On agreeing the service from MerriDogs you are agreeing to providing payment on receipt of the booked service with MerriDogs. Payment will be taken by Cash or Credit / Debit Card.
- 48 hours notice is to be provided for cancelling or rescheduling your booked session with MerriDogs. A 50% cancellation fee will apply (at the discretion of MerriDogs) if less than 48 hours notice is provided. This enables the session time to be allocated to another client.
- MerriDogs do not allow any adverse equipment to be used which cause fear and pain to a dog, items such electric collars, prong/pinch collars, choke or check chains.
- Ear docking is illegal in the UK. Ethically MerriDogs does not accept dogs who have had their ears docked or pinned under any circumstance (unless evidence can be provided that the ear docking was not conducted by current owners i.e. rescue dogs). MerriDogs has the right to refuse any service to dogs under the above condition and payment for the session will still be required.
- Tail docked dogs are only permitted if the docking is legally permitted for some working GunDog breed purposes. Evidence from a veterinary practice for the legal procedure would be required. MerriDogs has the right to refuse any service to dogs under the above condition and payment for the session will still be required.
- MerriDogs reserves the right to refuse my services to any dog that is subjected to an illegal practice.
- MerriDogs reserves the right to report any suspect abuse, mutilation or neglect, including ear/tail docking, to the relevant organisations.
- MerriDogs reserves the right to advise a veterinary consultation if from the information supplied to me verbally or within the booked service has caused me to suspect there maybe an underlying medical issue. Any pain or medical related condition needs attention prior to commencing on any service being provided by MerriDogs.
- Area coverage is Leicestershire, an additional fuel charge may occur outside of Leicestershire, this will be quoted for at time of booking.
- Results are dependent upon the owner commitment to the programme by working consistently with your dog after or in between sessions to gain and sustain the best results. (Only applicable to behaviour consultations and treatment sessions).
- MerriDogs reserves the right for photographs or video footage to be taken whilst working together. Personal details will not be disclosed. These are used for future referencing, education for other clients and for advertising services on the MerriDogs website or Social Media. If you do not permit to this please advise me directly.
- Dogs will be kept on leads during Dog Walking Sessions, unless in a safe / secure environments and prior permission has been obtained from the owner. (Only applicable to Dog Walking sessions).
Dog Walking: The terms below are in addition to those terms above and are accepted by the customer when any dog walking service is booked.
-Payment for any dog walk service is due on receipt of the service, unless an agreement has been made with MerriDogs.
-MerriDogs reserves the right to chase any payment not made upon receipt of the service.
If the customer wishes to cancel their dog walk, 48hours notice is required. Failure to do so will require full payment of the booked service.
-MerriDogs reserves the right to cancel any dog walk booking with no notice period, in this case the customer will not be charged if no service has been provided. MerriDogs will try their best to rearrange any booking cancelled by themselves, subject to availability. Where possible, MerriDogs will try to provide as much notice as possible when cancelling a booking.
-*Regular Slot - A customer must book a dog walk every weekday (Mon-Fri) and commit to this re-occurring every week there after. Timings may vary from day to day depending on MerriDogs availability but this will be discussed and agreed with the customer when a regular slot booking is made. MerriDogs reserves the right to make changes to this booking and will ensure they notify the customer of any changes, notice period is entirely MerriDogs discretion.
If a customer has a regular slot and would like to cancel a specific day, but wish to keep their regular slot, 48 hours notice will be required. Failure to provide 48hours notice, will require the walk to still be paid in full.
-Cancellation of the regular slot: If a customer books a regular slot (every weekday Mon-Fri) there will be a two week cancellation period if they wish to cancel the slot booking completely.
-Holiday: If in the case that they wish to keep the regular booking, but wish to take a ‘holiday’* from their regular slot, MerriDogs requires 2 weeks notice. (*Holiday - this is only applicable for a 1-3weeks period and will automatically be resumed after the holiday period). Failure to provide two weeks notice of a holiday, will require the total ‘holiday period’ payment to still be made to MerriDogs.
Code Of Conduct
1. MerriDogs work to a 'Do no harm' principle.
2. MerriDogs combines positive reinforcement training techniques with an understanding of natural dog behaviour to educate owners, with the aim of achieving as far as possible, well socialised, well behaved dogs and good citizens on both ends of the lead.
3. MerriDogs opposes the use of techniques and equipment that harm or scare a dog.
4. MerriDogs will conduct any services provided honestly, professionally, compassionately and perform these services within the guidelines of this code.
5. MerriDogs keeps up to date with the latest advances in canine behaviour by continuing to develop additional skills and knowledge through professional development.
6. MerriDogs will conduct and advocate training methods that are based on on:
• Encouraging and reinforcing desired behaviours
• Discouraging unwanted or potentially dangerous behaviours with an acceptable level of ‘punishment’ (if required).
• Minimising what many may call ‘aversive’ techniques.
7. When designing training and behavioural modification programs, MerriDogs will take into account the physical and psychological well being of the client and the individual dog(s). Furthermore, I shall endeavour to incorporate responsible caring ownership into their training. (Only applicable to behaviour consultations and treatment sessions).
8. MerriDogs may guarantee in general, satisfaction with my services, but will avoid promising specific training outcomes or results. Behaviour Modification results are dependent upon the owner commitment to the programme by working consistently with your dog after or in between sessions to gain and sustain the best results. (Only applicable to behaviour consultations and treatment sessions).
9. MerriDogs will determine and recognise our own professional limits and abilities being open and honest with clients and where necessary refer clients to another practitioner.
11. MerriDogs should at all times be aware that the client has called us in as a professionals and behaviours will be conducted with tact and sympathy.
12. MerriDogs shall respect the views and independence of other dog trainers and behaviour practitioners, and shall not publicly decry their conduct, methods or opinions unless the conduct, method or opinions could be considered as abuse.
13. MerriDogs shall maintain professional relationships with my clients. MerriDogs shall not exploit such relationships for improper personal, professional or financial gain, nor seek inappropriately to impose our own values on clients.
14. MerriDogs shall at all times conduct our work considering the health and safety of us, our clients and the welfare of their dog/s. MerriDogs shall also consider my health and safety responsibilities to the general public and maintain a valid public liability and/or professional indemnity insurance policy.
15. This code of conduct is a living document and will be developed to reflect adaptive dog training methods.
MerriDogs is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and adheres to the General Data Protection Regulations EU (2016). Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MerriDogs may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 03.11.2021.
MerriDogs may collect, store and use the following information:
Information about your computer, your visits and use of this website including but not limited to your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser, operating system, referall source and length of visit.
Contact information including but not limited to name, email address, telephone number, website address and any message you send to MerriDogs.
Any other information that you intentionally send to MerriDogs.
MerriDogs requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
MerriDogs may use the information to improve products and services.
MerriDogs may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, MerriDogs may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. MerriDogs may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. MerriDogs may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
MerriDogs are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures are in place to safeguard and secure the information MerriDogs collects online.
MerriDogs website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the MerriDogs site, you should note that MerriDogs does not have any control over that other website. Therefore, MerriDogs cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on to your computer, smartphone or tablet via your web browser. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies may be temporary; which are only in use while you visit a website and are subsequently deleted when you close your browser, or permanent; which stay on your device’s permanent storage after you leave a website until you delete them manually; or your browser deletes them after a period of time.
Third party cookies (such as those used by web platforms such as Google Analytics) that use analytical and tracking cookies. MerriDogs uses third party cookies to collate information about the areas of the website that are visited most frequently and data concerning visitor usage. This is used to analyse data about website traffic and improve the website. Personal information and visitor information is not used targeted advertising.
A cookie does not give MerriDogs access to your computer or any information about you - other than the data you choose to share.